Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inpogo
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Donate To Hookup
If you would like to donate to Hookup feel free. We appreciate any and all donations. Thank you.. Hookup
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

cancer causing sunscreens

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kansasmailbox
Experienced Member
kansasmailbox

cancer causing sunscreens Empty
PostSubject: cancer causing sunscreens   cancer causing sunscreens EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 9:56 am

It might seem even stranger that the FDA hasn't published regulations of any kind of sunscreens, considering that many of the ingredients used in them are dangerous chemicals, known to be environmental hazards, cancer-causing (carcinogenic), and disruptive to the endocrine system of the body, particularly sex hormones.
These chemicals are often absorbed directly through the skin.

Recent studies have shown that wide use of sunscreens does not result in a decrease in cancer--sometimes, sometimes often, showing quite the opposite tendency.

This could be due to the fact that sunscreens block the ultraviolet rays from the sun that, in small quantities, generate the extremely powerful anticarcinogenic vitamin D in human skin. Recent studies show that adequete values of vitamin D in the human body could perhaps reduce the occurence of most cancers by 80%.
That's pretty epic.

A large-scale analysis by a private organization, the Environmental Working Group (EWG) found that about 84% of the sunscreens they tested with an SPF (sun protection factor, or solar protection factor) over 15 in rating contained ingredients that raised significant health concerns for applicants of the sunscreen.

It is a little-known fact that many of the most popular sunscreen chemicals break down into useless (at best) or carcinogenic and environmentally hazardous (at worst).

Some chemicals to watch out for, since most of them are carcinogenic, break down into things that are, or generally just damage the body in other ways: just about anything with "benzo" in the name, PAB and PABA and their esters, cinoxate, ethylhexyl, p-methoxycinnamate, salicylates such as ethylhexyl salicyclate, homosalate, and octyl salicyclate, digalloyl trioleate (doesn't that just sound nasty?), menthyl anthranilate, and propylene glycol.

just like last year i will 100% stay away from all the sunscreens that have oxybenzone in it. you will be surprised how many sunscreens have that in them but there are some out there without that cancer causing chemical. i went shopping yesterday and i bought coppertone - sensitive skin spf 50. i also got the banana boat kids spf 50.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Administrator
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: cancer causing sunscreens   cancer causing sunscreens EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 12:48 pm

Great to know Kansas. I can get both those here and i will because the kids love the pool when school is out.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://mypogohookup.rpg-board.net
kansasmailbox
Experienced Member
kansasmailbox

PostSubject: Re: cancer causing sunscreens   cancer causing sunscreens EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 3:13 pm

i did some more research because i wanted to know what helioplex means. the banana boat sun screen contains that,

well guess what i found out:

Helioplex is a proprietary name for a formulation of broad spectrum UVA/UVB skin protection containing Avobenzone and Oxybenzone

i will return that sunlotion to the store and just stick with the coopertone one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cancer causing sunscreens   cancer causing sunscreens Empty

Back to top Go down

cancer causing sunscreens
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MyPogoHookup :: Non Pogo Posts Here-
Jump to: